Search This Blog

Featured Post

"Broken Pieces"

Short Story  | Fiction | by ReDDVoice Journey to Hollywood... Hannah was a runaway. At sixteen, she took a bus out west from her rural ho...

Sunday, April 9, 2017

"Hey, lil girl"

Poem | by ReDDVoice


Hey, lil girl...I'm sorry that your step-dad tried to rape you
He took away your innocence
It wasn't your fault; You didn't have a clue

Hey, lil girl...I'm sorry your mom shot your dad in the head
The gunshots awakened you
You remembered that night, but you were still in bed

Hey, lil girl...I'm sorry your uncle abused you
He made you turn black, red and purple
Your body ached worse than the flu

Hey, lil girl...I'm sorry your dad beat your mom
As often as he slept
You had to watch the abuse, but still remain calm

Hey, lil girl...I'm sorry you were never held by your dad
He never said I love you
I know that every time you think of his neglect it makes you sad

Hey, lil girl...Don't be so angry
You have every reason to be mad at the world
But I want for you to be happy

Hey, lil girl...Just have faith and trust God
Don't ever give up
You are the pea, but his protection is the pod

Hey, lil girl...You've been through a lot
Life has been tough
But weak, you are not!

No comments:

Post a Comment